Monday, June 10, 2024

Taco Tuesday - Hockie 360 El Bandito

I am looking at Hockies Shirt and it says Hockies of ???? I used to go to Hockies shop and I am pretty sure it was in Carson, not Torrance or Wilmington, just East of the 110 between Anaheim Blvd and Torrance Blvd. I was racing my Rickman Montesa in the Lightweights MC, TT races they put on. Thats how I got to ride Ascot. They would put on daytime TTs at Ascot, and they were an absolute blast. We got to race on the same track as our Heroes and it meant the world to me. I have so many great memories of those events. One aside, my Rickman was in fifth gear already about halfway around turn four and as I crossed the stripe, instinctually I would shift up looking for another gear. None there, as usual, but it did give the motor a momentary relief. I had it jetted lean and it was screamin'. Turn one and then the tight decreasing left into the infield was hairball with everyone using all kinds of different lines. I stuck to and had down, the extreme outside line and even it, was tight at end. It worked especially well on the first lap when there was a log jam trying to go low. The Hockie Bros shop was in earshot of Ascot and was a little piece of heaven for two stroke Flat Trackers like myself.